July 2022 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post July 01, 2022 06:48 AM

Spotify Playlist

Tracklisting:

1. Black Braid - The River of Time Flows Through Me (from The River of Time Flows Through Me, 2022) [Submitted by Vinny]

2. Sunken - Void (from Departure, 2017) [Submitted by Sonny]

3. Thorns - Underneath The Universe 2 (from Thorns, 2001) [Submitted by Daniel]

4. VI - La terre ne cessera de se consumer (from De praestigiis angelorum, 2015)

5. Lifelover - Myspys (from Dekadens, 2009)

6. Véhémence - Au Blason Brule (from Ordalies, 2022) [Submitted by Xephyr]

7. Abigor - The Saint of Murder (from Totschläger: A Saintslayer's Songbook, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]

8. Saor - The Ancient Ones (from Origins, 2022)

9. Archgoat - Heavens Ablaze (from Worship the Eternal Darkness, 2021) [Submitted by Sonny]

10. In Aphelion - World Serpent (Devourer of Dreams) (from Moribund, 2022)

11. Sylvaine - Mono No Aware (from Nova, 2022)

12. Onirik - Assigned To Inexorable Flames (from The Fire Cult Beyond Eternity, 2020) [Submitted by Daniel]

13. Blasphemy - Intro/Blasphemy (from Gods of War, 1993) [Submitted by Daniel]

14. Blut Aus Nord - Keziah Mason (from Disharmonium - Undreamable Abysses, 2022) [Submitted by Xephyr]

15. Uada - The Great Mirage (from Djinn, 2020) [Submitted by Vinny]

16. Marduk - On Darkened Wings (from Those of the Unlight, 1993) [Submitted by Sonny]

17. White Ward - False Light (from Leviathan, 2022)

July 08, 2022 08:05 PM

It was a lovely warm summer day today so nothing felt better to listen to than The North playlist while I do some much-needed work on my patio and back garden. I didn't follow the tracklisting whilst listening so didn't recognise everything, but the playlist ran through nice and smoothly and I didn't ever feel like skipping any of the tracks. Of course my ears pricked up and I found myself working that bit faster whenever we hit a bit of war metal! Overall extremely enjoyable and made a mundane task most bearable. Nice work again Ben.

July 20, 2022 07:58 PM

Main takeaway from this month's list was Danish atmo-black band Sunken with their WITTR laden track Void and I have already made note to listen to that album more now I have completed the playlist.  The other standout was In Aphelion who are also now on my Trello board.  I remain on the fence with White Ward, perfectly acceptable atmo-black but that sax is irritating, although better applied than I feared it might be.  The tracklisting here is out of sync with the playlist btw, not that I noticed until now because I was just following on Spotify but that Sunken track is actually at position 15 in the list and not 2nd as above.  Good list again though.