June 2022 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post May 31, 2022 10:23 PM

Tracklisting:

1. Aara - Mitgift (from Triade II: Hemera, 2022)

2. Marduk - Throne of Rats (from Plague Angel, 2004) [Submitted by Sonny]

3. Watain - We Remain (from The Agony & Ecstasy of Watain, 2022) [Submitted by Vinny]

4. Sear Bliss - Birth Of Eternity (from Glory & Perdition, 2009) [Submitted by Daniel]

5. Inquisition - From Chaos They Came (from Bloodshed Across The Empyrean Altar Beyond the Celestial Zentih, 2016) [Submitted by Vinny]

6. Månegarm - Vitta vettr (from Ynglingaättens öde, 2022)

7. Forteresse - Spectre de la rébellion (from Thèmes pour la rébellion, 2016)

8. Slaughtbbath - Black Revelation of Death (from Contempt, War and Damnation, 2017) [Submitted by Sonny]

9. Dissection - A Land Forlorn (from The Somberlain, 1993) [Submitted by Sonny]

10. Bethlehem - Wahn schmiedet Sarg (from Bethlehem, 2016)

11. Teitanblood - Anteinfierno (from Death, 2014) [Submitted by Sonny]

12. Mistur - Downfall (from In Memoriam, 2016) [Submitted by Vinny]

13. Yellow Eyes - Sick with Bloom (from Sick with Bloom, 2015)

14. Immortal - In My Kingdom Cold (from Sons Of Northern Darkness, 2002) [Submitted by Daniel]

15. Tómarúm - Condemned to a Life of Grief (from Ash in Realms of Stone Icons, 2022)

16. Abigor - Project Shadow (from Fractal Possession, 2007)

17. Sacramentum - Fog's Kiss (from Far Away From The Sun, 1996) [Submitted by Daniel]

18. Blasphemy - Blasphemous Attack (from Gods Of War, 1993) [Submitted by Daniel]

19. Caladan Brood - Book of the Fallen (from Echoes of Battle, 2013)

June 05, 2022 05:09 PM

OK, now I've got the correct month let's start again...

With not a lot to do on a pissing down Sunday morning in Platinum Jubilee-ravaged England I gave this a blast and found another solid playlist complete with some personal favourites - aside from my own choices I would include Immortal, Blasphemy and Caladan Brood in this category. Inquisition, Forteresse and Sacramentum were new to me and were tracks I enjoyed immensely. I also got a lot out of the Yellow Eyes track, Tómarúm, the new Aara, the Sear Bliss track from April's featured album and I enjoyed the Bethlehem track more than I expected as I am not a big fan usually. Watain, Månegarm, Mistur and Abigor were misses for me personally, feeling either overblown or just too dissonant (Abigor) for my taste. Massively more enjoyable than standing in the rain waving a soggy Union Jack (and you can print that on the cover!!)