February 2022 "The North" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post January 31, 2022 10:18 PM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7vGS8sO6uL51JpRPQMr5l3?si=yyVss52GS3eiVUH8sJyv5g

Tracklisting:

1. Funeral Mist - Twilight of the Flesh (from Deiform, 2021)

2. Dauþuz - Der Bergschmied IV: Zauberwerk (from Vom Schwarzen Schmied, 2021) [Submitted by Sonny]

3. Whoredom Rife - Curse of the Moon (from Winds of Wrath, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

4. Nameless Mist - The Queen of Shadows (from Nameless Mist II, 2022)

5. Ulver - Hymne II - Wolf and the Devil (from Nattens madrigal: Aatte hymne til ulven i manden, 1997) [Submitted by Daniel]

6. Ereb Altor - Alvablot (from Vargtimman, 2022)

7. Wiegedood - Now Will Always Be (from There's Always Blood At The End Of The Road, 2022) [Submitted by Xephyr]

8. Nordicwinter - La mort des amants (from Le Dernier Adieu, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

9. Archgoat - Luciferian Darkness (from Whore of Bethlehem, 2006) [Submitted by Daniel]

10. Wodensthrone - Those That Crush the Roots of Blood (from Loss, 2009) [Submitted by Daniel]

11. Kanonenfieber - Unterstandangst (from Menschenmuhle, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]

12. Gaerea - Absent (from Unsettling Whispers, 2018) [Submitted by Vinny]

13. Obtained Enslavement - Voice From a Starless Domain (from Soulblight, 1998)

14. Havukruunu - Yon Torni (from Kuu erkylän yllä, 2021) [Submitted by Xephyr]

15. Mystras - The Fall of the Kingdom of Jerusalem (from Empires Vanquished and Dismantled, 2021) [Submitted by Sonny]

16. Archurahl - Pig Slaughter (from Goedendag Injury, 2021) [Submitted by Vinny]

February 04, 2022 11:43 PM

This was an absolute belter of a list and I've played through it three times now. The only thorn in this bed of (black) roses is the Ereb Altor track - I really took against their new album as a whole and this track illustrates why. Whoredom Rife, Nameless Mist, Wiegedood and the Havukruunu track were all new to me and I loved them.

Excellent work everyone involved and thanks Ben for one of the best playlists yet.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
February 06, 2022 09:22 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Sonny! I certainly can't take all that much credit, as you guys selected the vast majority of tracks. I can recommend the Wiegedood and Nameless Mist albums, as I've been given them quite a few spins (that term probably doesn't apply these days but whatever).

I'd be interested to hear what people think of the Funeral Mist track I kicked off with. I'd not heard this album before and it's actually pretty interesting.

February 08, 2022 05:13 PM

My takes from this list are, Mystras, Funeral Mist (know them but not heard much recent output from them), Nameless Mist and Wiegedood who I also know but I am used to them sounding more aggressive than that frankly weird sounding track of undulating tremolos.

Didn't mind that Funeral Mist, at the same time I wasn't instantly blown away by it either.