The North - Best Album Cover of 2021?

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post January 24, 2022 05:09 AM

There's a week remaining until we know which release earns itself the best cover of the year award for each clan. As I did last year, I'll be rating every cover for my clans, and I'll probably do The Guardians as well (they have the most consistently great covers in my opinion).

Anyway, I just finished rating all The North releases, and it doesn't actually take very long to run a filter in Releases (you can even exclude covers you've already rated) and then rate the ones you like. I encourage you all to do the same so we get enough votes for the result to be somewhat "accurate".

January 24, 2022 09:09 AM

I spend far too much time rating album covers on here.  At last count I was over 7,500 rates as gotten into the habit of visiting the Anniversaries section each day and rating the artwork for each record.  Would like to think I have 2021 covered in that number.:blush:

EDIT - balls, just ran with the filter and 6 pages worth of unrated covers.  Bye bye any possibility of productivity at work on Monday.:wave:

January 24, 2022 11:42 AM

There has been some very nice covers this year, but I must say it seems like an awful lot of bands just aren't trying and there is a lot of shit out there too. I guess because they don't need to catch the eye on the shelf anymore as everybody streams everything nowadays and as such the covers just aren't that important to some bands anymore. Is the art of the cover a dying art?