The underrated/overrated thread - The InfiniteEdition

First Post May 25, 2019 08:58 PM

Tell us which Infinite-related bands & releases you regard as either heavily overrated or cruelly underrated.

December 16, 2019 06:07 PM

Although they've been gaining some more traction, I still believe Caligula's Horse to be underrated. I've been pushing these guys for years now, especially when I first started my college radio gig. While they may not be the most technically impressive and don't push too many boundaries, they're overall one of the most universally liked bands I've ever come across. If someone doesn't listen to Metal in the slightest and they want a recommendation from me, I always start with Caligula's Horse, and so far they have a 100% success rate. Since In Contact was released in 2017 I'm expecting an album in 2020 and I couldn't be more excited. 

February 12, 2021 01:13 PM
I came back to this old thread just to share a special band in the underrated category, and that is...Persefone! Only a small amount of metalheads have heard of this progressive death metal band from a small nation between Spain and France, and that's a shame because their music is so d*mn good. Since Aathma was released in 2017 and the Truth Behind the Shades re-recording in 2020, I'm expecting an exciting new album in the future and maybe also a re-recording of their epic masterpiece Core.
February 20, 2021 08:20 PM
"Core" is certainly a very solid release but I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's overrated. It may not be as well known as it could be but it doesn't really challenge the tier one progressive metal acts & generally seems to have received positive reviews of around 3.5-4 stars so I'd say that the consensus is fairly appropriate personally.
June 05, 2021 11:10 PM

This Aussie progressive metal record is horribly underrated in my opinion: