Metal Academy Radio - "The Infinite" Playlist August 2020

First Post August 22, 2020 12:38 PM

So we're going to be testing the waters with another new offering this week which is one that I'll be looking for your feedback on. The idea is to release regular two hour Spotify playlists for each clan with the tracklistings taking the listener through the full gamut of sounds each clan encompasses, both old & new, classic & underground. In putting together the initial lists I've attempted to push my personal tastes to one side by including something for everyone with all eras & subgenres receiving representation. I certainly haven't gone with your more obvious releases all the time & you will find the odd novelty track included just for a bit of fun. These will certainly give people that are finding it hard to choose their clans a good point of reference to see if a particular clan is for them too. Check 'em out & tell us what you think. If everyone enjoys these then we may look to make them a more permanent part of the site.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3kEEdEXrtFrCHXjxtHq630?si=nvTn17svTUGel5TbNfvNHQ

Tracklisting:

1. Psychotic Waltz – “I Remember” (from “A Social Grace’, 1990)

2. Haken – “1985” (from “Affinity”, 2016)

3. Ayreon – “Computer Eyes” (from “Actual Fantasy”, 1996)

4. Diapsiquir – “Peste” (from “A.N.T.I., 2011)

5. Huntsmen – Ride Out“” (from “Mandala Of Fear”, 2020)

6. Fantomas – “04/06/05 Wednesday” (from “Suspended Animation”, 2005)

7. Ashbringer – “Absolution” (from “Absolution”, 2019)

8. Tool – “7empest” (from “Fear Inoculum”, 2019)

9. Agallloch – “Not Unlike The Waves” (from “Ashes Against The Grain”, 2006)

10. Periphery – “” (from “Periperhy IV: HAIL STAN”, 2019)

11. The Algorithm – “Binary Space” (from “Compiler Optimization Techniques”, 2018)

12. Oxxo Xoox – “Abym” (from “Namidae”, 2015)

13. Spotlights – “Learn To Breathe” (from “Seismic”, 2017)

14. Meshuggah – “Rational Gaze” (from “Nothing”, 2002) 

15. Monuments – “I, The Destroyer” (from “The Amanuensis”, 2014)

16. Liturgy – “God Of Love” (from “H.A.Q.Q., 2019)