The Stinkers Thread - The Infinite Edition

First Post December 09, 2019 10:36 PM

Share your musical abortions here.

December 09, 2019 11:44 PM

For a song titled "Laser Speed", it's really just boring acoustic Latin jazz/bossa nova elevator music.

January 05, 2021 08:36 PM

This pointless hidden track from Devin Townsend's "Terria" album actually caused me to drop my score a half mark.

January 19, 2021 11:25 AM

You think that "Humble" hidden track is bad? This immediate follow-up to the absolutely stunning epic "Planet Rain", the bizarre hidden track "Forgotten", botching the wacky fun "Bad Devil", is enough to make me nauseous. That track, along with the out-of-place "Death" and "Devoid", have caused me to drop a half-mark from the 5-star score I would've given the underrated Physicist.

April 30, 2021 02:01 PM

So the new Gojira album Fortitude just dropped and it's blessed us with this monstrosity. 

October 07, 2021 11:41 AM

The two "Tower" songs really showed Rivers of Nihil's new direction in a weird tone that is a contributing factor to why the album came a star short from a perfect 5 stars:

May 04, 2022 02:34 AM

Language would've been as awesome as Exoplanet, or at least Intrinsic, if not for 3 songs that made the album come a star short from a perfect 5 stars, include this poor waste of 7 minutes:

May 05, 2023 12:30 AM

This one's just some weird sh*t, pretty much the only Amorphis track to qualify for this thread, more likely to attract spacey progressive rock fans than metalheads:

June 09, 2023 01:07 PM

It's very unusual for The Ocean to actually have a qualifying song here, but its repetitive structure makes this a skippable stinker, and you wonder if this is the same band:

October 23, 2023 12:37 PM

Ok, there's a bit of progressiveness in here, but this is mostly a blues rock filler track, with Geoff Tate's vocals attempting to be the track's saving grace but ultimately failing:

February 29, 2024 08:05 AM

These new unfitting modern influences cause things to go down in sh*t with pointless filter in this EP's intro: