Clan Rewards

First Post May 26, 2020 06:37 PM

I've been giving a little thought to spicing up the interactions and (friendly) rivalries between clans.

My thoughts went towards IMDB's rewards for completing certain actions like submitting a set number of contributions or rating all the Oscar nominees from a certain year, which they call "badges".

In keeping with the concept of a clan, maybe "medals" could be awarded for certain actions like reviewing say 100 albums from the clan in question or completing multiple clan challenges within a clan (thus giving an incentive to complete more than one challenge per clan.) If you think this may make the site too hierarchical then the "medals" could be awarded to the clan rather than each individual (although I see no harm in showing a proud member's medals on his account page, maybe not on any kind of ranking list though.) Then the total number of medals awarded to each clan's members could be shown on the home page, thus showing which clans have the most active members and hopefully inspiring a bit of inter-clan competition.

Just an idea...

May 26, 2020 10:10 PM

Hmmm.... it's a very interesting idea. I look forward to exploring this idea with Ben over the next week or so. Keep 'em coming guys!

May 27, 2020 04:05 AM

In fact, thinking about it, maybe "patches" would be a better concept for a metal site than medals.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
May 27, 2020 04:17 AM

In fact, thinking about it, maybe "patches" would be a better concept for a metal site than medals.

Quoted Sonny92

I like it. I'll come up with a concept and we can discuss as a community before implementing.

May 27, 2020 02:48 PM

In a similar vein to the clan challenges, how about a band name patch for any user who had reviewed all the (studio) albums from a particular band? Obviously only bands with a certain minimum number of releases would qualify, but there are plenty of metal bands who have released 10+ albums, so maybe that would be a good starting point and as these are generally the better known acts, Maiden, Sabbath, Priest, MDB, Darkthrone etc then most visitors to a site like MA should be more than familiar with them. The same could apply to metal labels like Nuclear Blast, Profound Lore or Avantgarde, say 25 or 30 reviews from a label would qualify the reviewer to a label patch.