List Of Clan Members Changes

First Post May 26, 2020 03:37 PM

From the conversation that happened in the "Site Progression", I started to look around the site more critically again, especially for the Clans in general. One thing I noticed is that when you click on a Clan's main page, it lists the members on the right hand side in chronological order, from when they joined. I think this should be reordered in a different way to show people who contribute more to that clan in terms of ratings, reviews, or forum posts more towards the top instead of a new user that may have not even rated anything yet. It would help build Clan communities since people who come into the Clan page would be able to see and recognize who are active members of that clan. On The Horde page for example, seeing Daniel's name towards the top of the list would let a new user come in and instantly see a person that has hundreds of reviews and a passion for amphibian-based extreme metal. 

This is a slippery slope since that means that people could just flood the system with ratings/worthless reviews/dumb posts in order to put their name towards the top, but I feel like there's no real way around that and we'll just have to assume people will be mature about it. 

May 26, 2020 10:08 PM

This is something we've discussed before actually & I think it would be a positive move.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
May 27, 2020 04:22 AM

Should be easy to implement. I'll try to give it a title such as Most Active Contributors as opposed to Clan Legends or something like that.

August 26, 2022 10:33 PM

Clan Legends sounds way more metal.  Metalforum actually has a ranking system depending on some sort of point system.  There are 14 titles, apparently.  But they're lame ones like Newbie, Apprentice, Explorer, etc.  Right now I'm "Enthusiast."  What the hell is that?

August 26, 2022 10:38 PM

Hahahaha... I'd suggest that "enthusiastic" is a pretty good description of our early impressions of you actually Rexorcist. :)

August 26, 2022 11:44 PM

Lemme share with you some Metalforum usernames: Goatmaster General, Relentless Oblivion, Sheol, Surgical Brute, Macabre Eternal, True Belief and Father Alabaster.  You'd think they'd have something better down for the ranks, especially if we implement them here where there's a clan system.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if each clan had different names for the ranks.