Lists sorted by clan

First Post December 22, 2019 09:10 PM

Ben, I'm starting to think that we need to have lists arranged under their associated clans as those pages are looking a bit messy & confusing.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 23, 2019 03:02 AM

Well that's not going to work for Label Lists, as each label covers pretty much all of the clans. It would no doubt be useful for the Challenges, but I'd have to weigh up the potential effort / cost to implement vs the benefit.

I think if I'm translating your request correctly, what you're really trying to say is "Ben, the area where I store my own personal top 10 lists is starting to look messy, and I'd like you to make it so that it's more pleasing to me when I come and peruse my good work." Is this assessment correct big brother?

How would that work anyway? Would you select every clan that a list covers when creating it, even if it only contains one release from it? For example, your top 10 list for 1984 contains albums from The Fallen, The Guardians and The Pit. By filtering by The Fallen, would that list show up? Is that really all that useful?

December 23, 2019 07:36 AM

I was talking about both the clan challenges & the Metal Academy Lists sections actually. In the latter I’d just have a page with links for each clan as well as one for All Clans that would cover everything that includes multiple clans. It could also be done with filters like we use on the release page I guess.

January 05, 2020 07:24 AM

I think it's fine personally. I like the lists are just kinda thrown in there the way they are as an overall picture of the challenges and Metal Academy lists. I feel like the clan challenges aesthetically fits the broad spectrum of just what is a challenge from a top down view for anyone just jumping in to see the massive undertaking that a challenge is and how many different ways to go about it there are. Also since there are only 10 lists in the Metal Academy lists page so far it also seems fine. Maybe once there are more it can be seperated a bit the way you are describing it, but I feel as of right now it's unnecessary. 

I do have a suggestion for linking to the Clan Challenges from their appropriate clan homepage.

-Add Challenges: link1 link2 link3   in the About Clan section at the bottom

--- Or possibly have a separate box between the About Clan and Random Clan's Releases 

- Also can add the Spotify playlists you're creating as well included next to the challenge (Thanks again :) )