Requests for cover albums

First Post December 10, 2019 07:22 AM

Ben, please add these cover albums (if the site doesn't have them):

Within Temptation - The Q-Music Sessions

HammerFall - Masterpieces

Children of Bodom - Skeletons in the Closet

Arch Enemy - Covered in Blood

Burn the Priest - Legion: XX (please also add their self-titled album)

Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy Of

The Dillinger Escape Plan - Plagiarism

In Flames - Down, Wicked & No Good

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 10, 2019 09:04 AM

ALREADY ON THE SITE

• HammerFall - Masterpieces 
  • Children of Bodom - Skeletons in the Closet
  • Arch Enemy - Covered in Blood

NOT YET ON THE SITE (because they're not metal and the band was added before I created the Non-Metal genre)

• Within Temptation - The Q-Music Sessions
  • Between the Buried and Me - The Anatomy Of
  • The Dillinger Escape Plan - Plagiarism
  • In Flames - Down, Wicked & No Good

NOT YET ON THE SITE (because the band hasn't been added yet)

• Burn the Priest - Legion: XX (please also add their self-titled album)
December 10, 2019 10:13 AM
Oh, seems like I forgot about the HammerFall, Children of Bodom, and Arch Enemy cover albums. But it's good to make sure, right? No wonder some cover albums aren't in the site, they aren't metal! The Within Temptation and Between the Buried and Me cover albums actually have at least one metal genre in their RYM primary genre list (Symphonic Metal for the Q-Music Sessions, Progressive Metal and Alternative Metal for The Anatomy Of), and some songs from both albums such as WT's covers of "Titanium" and "Dirty Dancer" (2 of my favorite metalized pop song covers, both in my earlier epic metal taste and in general) and BTBAM's covers of "Blackened" and "Cemetery Gates" (2 of my favorite covers of other metal songs) still sound really metal. However, the Dillinger Escape Plan and In Flames cover EPs are both labeled just Alternative Rock and, sadly but truly, that sounds about right. And yes, Burn the Priest hasn't been added yet, but their cover album is for when they do get added. So please take the time to add the cover albums that are metal but not added yet, along with Burn the Priest, while you're adding other bands. No need to rush. Thanks Ben!