Filtering releases by multiple genres

First Post September 05, 2023 07:57 PM

It would be nice to filter the releases page by multiple genres, so that only releases that contain all the filters are shown. For example, as we don't have a sub-genre for blackened doom, it would be great if we could filter the releases page so that it only returned results for albums which contained both black metal and doom metal. As far as I am aware, it currently returns results with all the releases that contain any one of the filters.

September 05, 2023 10:35 PM

Yeah, that's something that we've had on our radar for a while Sonny. I'm not sure how hard or costly it would be to implement (Ben might) but you can kinda work around it by searching on releases with a Black Metal genre that are also in The Horde for example.

September 06, 2023 03:00 AM

Yeah, that's something that we've had on our radar for a while Sonny. I'm not sure how hard or costly it would be to implement (Ben might) but you can kinda work around it by searching on releases with a Black Metal genre that are also in The Horde for example.

Quoted Daniel

Ah yes, good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Edit: I have just tried it for black metal releases that are in The Fallen and it has given me exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Daniel.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
September 06, 2023 10:08 AM

It's something I've always wanted to do. Unfortunately it would require completely rebuilding the search function, so comes at more cost than I can currently manage. I'll do it one day, but in the meantime, Daniel's solution works well enough. I'd also like to search for releases that ONLY have a particular genre or subgenre.

September 06, 2023 12:10 PM

It's something I've always wanted to do. Unfortunately it would require completely rebuilding the search function, so comes at more cost than I can currently manage. I'll do it one day, but in the meantime, Daniel's solution works well enough. I'd also like to search for releases that ONLY have a particular genre or subgenre.

Quoted Ben

That's fair comment Ben. With an acceptable work around there is really no need to run to excessive expense.