Expansion of The Hall of Judgement

First Post December 01, 2019 10:20 PM

Just wondering if it would be possible to submit releases to The Hall of Judgement that don't have a metal primary on RYM. Personally I think that Blood Ceremony's debut not having a metal primary, despite sounding like Sabbath jamming with Ian Anderson and Grace Slick, is a travesty and would like to be able to submit it (and others like it) for consideration by the more metal-savvy users of Metal Academy.

December 01, 2019 11:33 PM

I think it's possible. I made the same request about two Avantasia albums, The Wicked Symphony and Angel of Babylon. I'll help you put it in an official judgement submission.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 01, 2019 11:52 PM

Yes. It's totally possible with the existing Hall of Judgement. As long as a release exists on Metal Academy (even if it's genre is Non-Metal), then it can be added to the Hall.

December 02, 2019 03:07 PM

I'm sorry, I don't think I made myself very clear. How can I submit an album for inclusion on Metal Academy that has not been included because it doesn't have a metal primary on RYM even though I believe it to warrant one? I'm not saying I'm right, but it would be nice to at least be able to submit a release for consideration by the MA consensus. 

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
December 02, 2019 08:56 PM

So you mean an album that hasn't been added to Metal Academy at all, not even as a Non-Metal release?

If that's the case, then I think you can put your case forward in the forum that the release be added as a Non-Metal release, and then request it be added to the Hall for judgement. I never want this site to be a dictatorship, so will always be amenable to releases being added in some form. I will however require communal decision-making to influence what genres and clans releases are attached to.

December 02, 2019 10:37 PM

Thanks Ben for clearing that up.