Monthly feature release for each month?

First Post November 21, 2019 02:36 AM

I've been thinking that we might implement a monthly feature release for each clan with the challenge being rolled out to the associated clan members to rate &/or review the release in question. I think it would create a good point of discussion & it would be interesting to see the various takes on the same release. We'd mix it up between classics, new releases, underrated gems, etc & could offer the clan members with the highest activity the opportunity to select the next month's feature as a reward. How would you all feel about participating?

November 21, 2019 02:56 AM

I like that idea! I would suggest starting with the highest-rated releases in the site's charts, one per each clan, as the featured albums for the first month because some of those albums are underrated in the world outside the website and it feels good for those albums to have the small fame they have here. Then we start mixing up the classics, new releases, and rare gems. This rating/reviewing challenge is gonna be so fun and interesting....

November 21, 2019 03:17 AM

I was thinking of doing exactly that actually. It would also help to clean out any releases that are only at the top of the charts because of a few high ratings. I spoke to Ben about potentially raising the minimum chart rating quantity this morning too which would also help with the accuracy & relevance of the charts.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
November 21, 2019 03:20 AM

I like the idea. Would give me some focus in what I listen to. Are you volunteering to run it Daniel or merely suggesting the idea?

November 21, 2019 03:24 AM

Yeah I'll run with it.

November 21, 2019 01:18 PM

I'd be a big fan of this, would definitely participate. 

November 22, 2019 03:49 AM

OK, I think we'll kick this off from 1st December then.

November 23, 2019 07:24 PM

Looking forward to this! 

December 01, 2019 07:28 PM

So I kicked this off yesterday with the first round of features & ended up going with some high quality but generally overlooked old-school releases. What are your thoughts on those selections? I'll be looking to jump around from different periods & from different subgenres each time.

Ben has suggested that he'd much rather see new features being announced on a more regular basis i.e. fortnightly or weekly. I thought I'd start off with monthly so as to make sure that everyone had enough time to get involved & to gain your feedback on the whole concept. I mean I don't want people to feel pressured or rushed. This is meant to be fun after all. If people really get behind this early on & the consensus is that we'd like it more regularly then I can look to accommodate that idea moving forwards. Let's see how we go to start with.