The annual Hall of Judgement thread

First Post May 10, 2022 08:35 AM

I have just been looking at the Hall entries still awaiting adjudication and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Might I suggest that for now we reduce the number of votes required to a more realistic 7 instead of 15 which seems a little out of our reach currently. The number of votes required could then be reviewed as active membership increases. There are currently only eight completed polls and 130 pending. Maybe also a time-constraint be put on submissions and they are deemed settled after six months (or any other suitable period) have elapsed at whatever the current vote indicates (a tie meaning the release stays as is.) It just seems to be a black hole for submissions at the minute with very few being settled - currently less than 6% of submissions. Just an idea to kick around to allow a good feature to become a bit more relevant.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
May 10, 2022 09:47 PM

I have to admit that the Hall situation is frustrating. I do think it's something the site needs, so it's disappointing that we haven't attracted a large enough membership to make it really tick. I also have to admit that I struggle to stay on top of all the submissions (I'm currently close to 5o behind!). I guess there's not a lot of encouragement for me to put in consistent effort in that area when very few submissions go past a couple of votes.

Daniel and I have been talking about it though, and I think I'm going to hand him the keys to manage the whole process. I'd rather not lower the amount of votes required, but since submissions can be completed manually, I think we just start calling them successful or unsuccessful when it looks like a forgone conclusion. For example, if a submission has around 6 yes votes and 0 no votes, I think we just need to call it successful and move on, at least for now.