Underoath's "Act of Depression" should be in The Horde and/or The North

First Post December 30, 2019 10:42 PM

Before Underoath became the Christian metalcore band they've been known for, their first two albums "Act of Depression" and "Cries of the Past" have more of a progressive black/death sound mixed with their later Christian metalcore, and that's what many sources (Alternative Press, Jesus Freak Hideout, etc.) describe those albums. Yeah, I believe "Act of Depression" is in way more than just The Revolution. I'm actually kinda torn about what the second clan for "Act of Depression" should be. On the one hand, I think it has some potential in The Horde because of the death metal part of the sound and... Yes, I know that deathcore (in the album's primary genre list in RYM) is more of a metalcore subgenre than death metal, but I honestly think deathcore is as much of a death metal subgenre as metalcore because it still has death metal characteristics (blast beats, down-tuned guitars, tremolo picking, growled vocals, etc.). Anyway, on the other hand, I would like to see this album in The North because of the black metal part of the sound, and it seems fair since "Cries of the Past" is already in The North. With all those reasons, I'm suggesting thinking of whether "Act of Depression" should be in The Horde, The North, or both, then adding it to the Hall with the proposal that the album be in the clan(s) you've chosen while keeping its existing position in The Revolution.