oi oi

First Post March 24, 2021 03:10 AM

The name's Joseph! My passion for metal is something that kind of came into fruition as a result of the pandemic funny enough. Prior to the pandemic I was definitely a casual fan of the genre and had a couple long time fav bands that were in heavy rotation since my teens (Electric Wizard, Agalloch, Primus, Deftones). But being stuck at home for an entire year has allotted me more time than ever to start poring through the classics and develop a deeper appreciation and understanding of the genre at large. Some of my fav bands/artists at the moment include:  Dissection, Demilich, Autopsy, My Dying Bride, Neurosis, Ved Buens Ende...., Boris (and countless others lol). 

My influx of ratings upon joining is due to me being an avid RYMer and importing all of my previous metal ratings from my RYM acct! RYM is actually how I found out about this site as well. While perusing one day I stumbled upon Ben's profile and noticed the link, and the site seemed really rad! 

I'm pretty shy and reclusive for the most part so this post may be the most you hear from me for a little while, but who knows, I might get the urge to jump into some threads on occasion depending on how i'm feeling on a given day lmao 

March 24, 2021 03:54 AM

Welcome! We definitely don't bite here and a welcome post is already less shy than most others, there's a ton of little ways you can interact; liking posts or reviews, etc. Sounds like you have a great starting point and if you're looking for classics there are a few people who definitely have you covered. 

March 24, 2021 04:06 AM

That's a great story Joseph & welcome to the Academy. I'm impressed by the quality of your ratings for someone that's so fresh to a lot of the material actually & I think you'll really appreciate the site's ability to help you to find great new music that's well aligned with your personal tastes. Have fun with our various features & I hope to see you around. :)

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
March 24, 2021 06:36 AM

Welcome Joseph! Glad to hear that the link in my profile was clicked on at least once. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can already tell that we're going to get on great, as anyone that gives 5 star ratings to Ved Buens Ende, My Dying Bride, Dissection, diSEMBOWELMENT, Death, Cynic and Devin Townsend albums must have similar tastes to me.

Let us know what you like / don't like about Metal Academy. We're always looking for ways we can make things even better.

March 24, 2021 01:08 PM

Welcome Joseph! I see you enjoy a few bands that are some of my favorites as well; Fallen bands like My Dying Bride and Neurosis, and Infinite bands like Cynic and Devin Townsend. We might just get on really well and be able to share each other's favorite metal bands, possibly discovering different bands that one of us has listened to but not yet the other. Sounds good? Enjoy this site, Jobro!