New to Metal Academy

First Post October 30, 2020 03:46 PM

Hello, Metal Academy forums. This is Keleros posting for the first time. My favorite metal subgenres are Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, with some Progressive Metal and Symphonic Metal. That aside, I like to play tabletop and video games. I am also currently attending college to study AutoCAD. So that wraps it up for my introduction. 

October 30, 2020 08:18 PM

Greetings Keleros! We are always glad to see new faces visit Metal Academy and we hope that you stick around and check out some of the unique features that we have. Whether it be rating your go to albums or perhaps giving them full reviews, checking out new music in the forums, or my personal favourite, featured releases, where we discuss classic albums of all different styles and learn a bit more about what makes them stand out for each of us. There is plenty to see and do around here so check it all out and enjoy yourself!

October 30, 2020 09:21 PM

Welcome to the Academy Keleros. We're very pleased you've registered & introduced yourself & I'd encourage you to get amongst it. We have some very cool & interactive features here & I'd recommend that you check these ones out as a starting point:

1. If you go into the LISTS menu you'll find the Clan Challenges. These are like a guided tour through many of the most important bands & releases from each subgenre. The idea is that if you can rate & review all of the releases in one of the Clan Challenges for your each of your existing three clans then you'll get the opportunity to complete a fourth from an alternative clan. Successful completion of that challenge will allow you to take on that fourth clan permanently.

2. The Hall of Judgement - This is the place that releases go when our members nominate them as having incorrect genre tags. It gives all clan members the chance to vote on the most appropriate course of action with the overall result deciding the fate of that particular release as far as which clans it ultimately resides in. We'd encourage you to have your say there.

3. If you go to the various forums you'll find a thread in each clan forum for clan members to submit their suggested tracks for inclusion in that month's clan-specific Spotify playlist. This is so we can make the playlists a true representation of our clan's listening habits. We also have a thread for that month's playlist which links you to its location on Spotify. These playlists are a great way to find new music & enjoy great tracks from the past. We encourage feedback & love to hear what our members think about the inclusions.

4. Under the FEATURED menu you'll find the month's feature release for each clan. The intention is to encourage our members to check out & discuss noteworthy releases from the deep past right up to the present & they've been a very popular feature with our regular contributors. We'd love to hear your thoughts on some of these releases.

5. Let us all know what your listening to right now by posting on the clan-specific forums. Once people know what you like you might find that you start to get recommendations from other members through the dedicated recommendation threads & you'll generally find them to be right on the money. This is one of the coolest things about Metal Academy in my opinion.

6. And finally, the more ratings & reviews the site has the more effective it will be in guiding our members to music that fits their personal tastes so we encourage you to contribute as much as possible to the Metal Academy database.

That's enough from me. We hope you have fun & enjoy the site. We have great little community of well-informed, metal-obsessed music lovers from a diverse array of backgrounds & locations here & think you'll fit right in.

October 30, 2020 09:57 PM

Welcome Keleros, hope you enjoy your time here.

October 30, 2020 11:32 PM

Welcome, Keleros! Have a great metal time here.

Hello, Metal Academy forums. This is Keleros posting for the first time. My favorite metal subgenres are Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Power Metal, with some Progressive Metal and Symphonic Metal.

Quoted Keleros

My current favorite metal subgenres as well, along with metalcore, gothic metal, and a bit of doom metal. We just might be able to share each other's favorite metal bands and discover different bands that one of us has listened to but not yet the other. Sounds good?

October 30, 2020 11:38 PM

Thanks for the advice and complements you wonderful people.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
October 31, 2020 06:17 AM

A big warm welcome from me too. I hope you find what we're doing here valuable and fun.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
October 31, 2020 06:26 AM

Oh, and as an avid tabletop and videogame player, I'd be keen to know more about your tastes. I'm a huge Fantasy Flight LCG and Magic the Gathering fan, and a lifelong PC gamer. We've not discussed this topic here before, but I'd be surprised if there weren't a few others with similar interests?

March 16, 2021 03:52 AM

Hello, Metal Academy forums. This is Keleros posted everyone.

March 16, 2021 04:56 AM

Welcome to Metal Academy Theo. It's great to see a new & active member of The Gateway & The Revolution.  We have a very cool little community & a lot of really exciting & interesting features here at the Academy (e.g. monthly clan-specific forums, playlists & feature releases, clan challenges, highly filterable charts, an anniversary page, the ability to rate album covers, etc.) so I'd encourage you to explore the site & be as active as possible. Our regular contributors are very welcoming of new members as they all share our inclusive philosophy so have fun & I'll see you around the site.

March 16, 2021 07:29 PM

Welcome Theo, dive in mate and give us some reviews.