MacabreEternal/Vinny

First Post April 03, 2019 03:43 PM

So I have notched up 30 years of listening to metal.  I started at the age of 13 with my cousins vinyl collection, furiously recording to c-90 cassettes the likes of Saxon, Iron Maiden, UFO and Rush to name but a few.  Within a few years I had developed a diverse and multifarious vinyl, cassette and CD collection that included the origin bands mentioned as well as so much more that I had discovered on my still developing metal journey.

I never ventured into performing in a band although I tampered with learning guitar on more than one occasion, just never got around to mastering it.  As I have gotten older my tastes have become more extreme I have found and although I respect everyone's right to listen to what the fuck they like and be proud to do so, I don't find the 'core' genres to be of any interest to me.  Most days in my hovel are spent listening to DM, BM or thrash nowadays but the NWOBHM and more traditional heavy metal sounds still get a blast regularly enough.

A bust ear drum means that my gig days are over unfortunately so I am denied the mastery of live music which is a massive disappointment.

I work on the road quite a bit so as well as having some physical formats (vinyl, CD and cassette still dwell on my shelves) the majority of my music library is digital or streaming service nowadays as this is the accessibility I need.  I write reviews (informally) for another metal site when time permits and try to get one a week written and published.  I also moderate on another forum and can still be found in the odd near-forgotten forum corners of the metal online community shooting the shit with fellow metal music fans.

Looking forwards to watching and helping this place grow.