FlowBroTJ

First Post November 15, 2019 12:23 AM

Greetings fellow metalheads,

My name is TJ, and I came across this website after getting an invite on RYM. I accepted the invitation as soon as I read the message.

My love for metal started similarly to others: My father was into '80s thrash bands, such as Slayer and Megadeth, but also enjoyed the grunge era from the early '90s. The first metal album I've ever heard was South of Heaven by Slayer (1988), and I was blown away by the level of talent. Even as a small child, I was hooked, and never looked back. Also, bands like Wasp were a great influence on why I fell in love with metal.

Currently, I still love the classic thrash metal/heavy metal/ groove metal genre, and would probably be my favorite subgenre. While sort of mainstream, Pantera and Slayer are my favorite bands of all time. Recently, I have gotten into a more progressive style of music, like Tool and Mastodon, mainly because I really enjoy the longer songs. While not completely metal, I also enjoy bands such as Rush and Kiss. While I prefer the older eras of metal, bands like Slipknot and High on FIre are fantastic for the new era. Metal is in good hands!

That is just a very basic introduction on myself. I cannot wait to participate in this great community.

Long live metal!

-FlowBroTJ / TJ

November 15, 2019 02:53 AM

Welcome to the site TJ. Don't be shy. We're building something special here & would like to encourage you to a) be as active as possible & b) invite all of your friends as ultimately the more ratings & reviews we have the more effective the clan concept is. Also, if you have any suggestions for improvements or bug fixes then please offer us the feedback. Traditionally we've taken up people's suggestions pretty quickly & it's led to greatly improved user experience.

November 15, 2019 04:13 PM

Welcome! I'm actually going to see High On Fire this weekend!

Any Prog Metal guys are very welcome around here.