The Rexorcist Rides

First Post August 11, 2022 08:00 PM

Yellerp.  I'm the Rexorcist, invited here by MacabreEternal from Metalforum.  Bigass metalhead, somewhat Christian but not "religious" or "fanatical," adores power and prog metal and I'm an artist.  I even made my own avatar.

And despite the art, I'm not a furry.  But if you don't want the chance to be a monstrous goat-angel riding a giant electric eel and screaming "fuck you" to all humanity, you are sad and I want you to stay away from me.

I'll be doing a lot of reviews.  Despite my three clans: The Guardians, The Pit and The Infinite, I'll review practically any kind of metal out there.  It was really the clans system that drew me in.

And I'm quite the comedian, so beware.

August 11, 2022 08:44 PM

Welcome to the Academy Rexorcist. It's great to have you here. I think you'll find a lot to enjoy as there's a whole bunch of cool ideas & functionality hidden away within the different tabs of the Academy site just waiting for you to discover them. Let me know if I can help you with anything as that's what I'm here for. Get amongst it!

Fucking cool avatar too! Well done!

August 11, 2022 09:00 PM

Welcome to the Academy Rexorcist. It's great to have you here. I think you'll find a lot to enjoy as there's a whole bunch of cool ideas & functionality hidden away within the different tabs of the Academy site just waiting for you to discover them. Let me know if I can help you with anything as that's what I'm here for. Get amongst it!

Fucking cool avatar too! Well done!

Quoted Daniel

Thanks a bunch, especially for the compliment.

Really looking forward to seeing how the site works.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
August 11, 2022 09:10 PM

Welcome to the site Rexorcist and, more importantly, welcome to your chosen clans! I must admit that I'm a little intimidated by your electric eel, but we certainly welcome monstrous goat-angels here at the Academy.

Your 5 star Suffocation and Death ratings give me the feeling that we're going to get on just fine. If you have any questions about how things work around here, please don't hold back. We're always trying to improve the site and add cool new features, so if you have any ideas, we'd love to hear them  too.

I'll be seeing you in The Pit!

August 11, 2022 11:03 PM

Welcome! Glad to see someone else new in The Guardians, its felt a bit empty here in the short time I've been on-site myself. Hope you'll enjoy the monthly feature albums too.

Quoted Morpheus Kitami

Actually, I heard it was pretty slow here.  Normally I wouldn't join a slow forum, but I'm really digging the clan system and the list challenges.  It's gonna motivate the inner metalhead in me a lot more.

August 11, 2022 11:58 PM

Welcome, Rexorcist! Awesome avatar!

August 12, 2022 12:06 AM

Welcome, Rexorcist! Awesome avatar!

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Thanks!

August 12, 2022 06:30 AM

You made it, nice one. 

January 29, 2023 04:12 PM

Sorry I haven't been on here very often recently.  I've been a little busy writing movie reviews... and a book inspired by power metal.

Consider the theme song "Imaginations from the Other Side."

January 29, 2023 09:25 PM

That's quite an achievement Rex. Congratulations on completing such an ambitious undertaking. Is the book being published? You may be interested to know that we have another published author in our community in Andi who I believe has several children's books to his name thus far.

January 29, 2023 10:20 PM

That's quite awesome, Rex! I look forward to checking out that book.

And on that note, the next book I'll make is a spin-off to my main series, centered around the golden age of classic metal genres (the 80s).

January 29, 2023 10:28 PM

That's quite an achievement Rex. Congratulations on completing such an ambitious undertaking. Is the book being published? You may be interested to know that we have another published author in our community in Andi who I believe has several children's books to his name thus far.

Quoted Daniel

Thanks!  It's on Kindle right now.  There's the free promotional read-on-Kindle for the next three months, and then there's the paid download. It's only available for digital for the time being.

January 29, 2023 10:29 PM

That's quite awesome, Rex! I look forward to checking out that book.

And on that note, the next book I'll make is a spin-off to my main series, centered around the golden age of classic metal genres (the 80s).

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Cool.  What's the series called?

January 30, 2023 12:15 AM

Ned Dickens.

February 03, 2023 06:43 PM

Well this sucks.  I've been so busy the last four days that I didn't even notice two major editing errors on the book cover.  The background under the dragon's leg and arm are not there, and Nula's wing is improperly shaded due to a Gimp problem.  Fixed now.