Hello all

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
May 30, 2022 08:52 PM

Welcome Morpheus! Didn't realise you were a metal fan. I hope you find the site to be valuable, and I'll add your requested albums in the coming days.

To answer your question around the ratings on the album covers, it depends where you are on the site. Generally speaking, the blue ratings are the overall average rating for the release by all site users, whereas the orange ratings are the average rating for the release by the site users that belong to the releases clan(s). So I see that you've joined The Fallen, The Guardians and The Pit. If you were to rate an album that belongs to just The Horde, then your rating would count in the blue Site Rating, but not in the Clan Rating for that release. If you were to rate an album that belongs to The Guardians, your rating would count in both the blue Site Rating and the orange Clan Rating, as you belong to the release's clan. If you were to rate an album that belongs to The Fallen AND The Horde, then your rating would also count in both the blue Site Rating and the orange Clan Rating, as you belong to at least one of the album's clans.

That said, if you visit The Gallery (which you'll find in the menu at the top of the site), the numbers on covers represent the average Site and Clan Ratings for the covers rather than the music. If you look at the below release page, I think it will start to make sense, but ask any questions you might have.

May 30, 2022 09:00 PM

Hi Morpheus & welcome to the Academy. We're very glad you decided to check our little community out.

I can understand your thoughts on the clan configuration but it's worth mentioning that there's nothing stopping anyone from posting ratings & reviews for releases that reside in clans that they don't belong to so power metal fans are more than welcome to voice their opinions on death metal releases if they feel like it. (In fact, you'll likely find a few of Xephyr's reviews floating around that fit that mold to a tee.) Those ratings just won't count towards the Clan Rating for that release which are intended to isolate the feelings of people that are truly passionate about that particular genre & remove the possibility of being diluted by ratings from people that can't stand death growls for example.

In relation to the Gallery, it's all about recording your feelings on the cover artwork rather than the quality of the image itself. 

May 30, 2022 11:29 PM

Maybe even reviews of album covers...

Welcome, Morpheus!

May 31, 2022 07:33 AM

Maybe even reviews of album covers...

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

It isn't a artwork review site though is it Andi and you have raised that before and I see no reason for this to be changed.  I speak as someone who spends a fair old portion of his time rating album covers as the 12 year old boy in me just likes to look at album artwork and rate it.  I find my brain copes better with the visual aspect of rating an album cover much easier than the listening aspect of rating an album, and it is also easier to do when sat in fucking endless conference calls at home when working.

May 31, 2022 07:34 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome and the info. Feel like more websites should have a rating of covers.

Quoted Morpheus Kitami

Welcome, nice to see a new member, especially with Pit clan membership.