Public Service Announcement For MA Playlist Owners

First Post January 04, 2024 03:14 AM

Creating a monthly playlist for the site really started to become a serious chore for one reason: posting the tracklisting in the forum post. The thought of it just makes me procrastinate like you wouldn't believe. 

So, to ring in the new year, I went looking for some help and found a potential solution that makes tracklisting a bit easier. 

If you go to this website that seems kind of sketchy but I guess isn't: 

Skiley.net

And connect your Spotify, it'll scrape your account for any playlists you have. I didn't even have to make an account. 

You can then click on "Playlists" on the left, then click the MA Playlist you want to export, then scroll down and click "Export To File". Search for and check "Album Name", "Album Release Date", "Artist Name", and "Track Name". Click Export To File and it'll export it to a CSV. Open the CSV file in Wordpad / Notepad and you'll have a text file that you can copy into your forum post. It won't be formatted exactly correctly, but it's a hell of a lot easier than typing out all the data by hand and searching for the album release year on Spotify or another site. Hope this helps. 

January 04, 2024 07:00 AM

Thanks for this, Xephyr! I've just tested out that website and CSV-downloading technique with my upcoming February Revolution and Sphere playlists (still in the works). However, I find Excel a little too complex for me, and anyone who doesn't have Skiley Pro can only do it 3 times for free. I prefer the old-fashioned way of typing it all out, but there's a twist in my technique. After making my sneak peek suggestions in the Revolution and Sphere playlists, I copy them into Notepad and type out all the other tracks in the playlists in the same format (artist name, track name, track length, album name, album release date). Then when I send them to Daniel before the middle of the month, I set the tracks I've typed out to the order that they run in the playlist tracklistings and remove the track lengths that are only needed to keep track of their two-hour total lengths. And finally, when the first day of the month comes, I just copy the playlist tracklistings and paste them to their respective forum posts. Anyway, I still appreciate your suggestion and understand your technique, so you do you.