Metal Academy Podcast Episode 22

First Post March 30, 2019 09:09 PM

I put the finishing touches on episode 22 of "Metal Academy" podcast last night so you can expect it to go live at some stage today. It's the first of five shows to cover the year 1985 with this show focusing on the German & US heavy metal scenes as well as introducing a brand new subgenre in progressive metal. The feature releases are Accept's "Metal Heart", Manilla Road's "Open The Gates" & Fates Warning's "The Spectre Within". We honestly think it's the best episode to date. Let us know what you think of it guys.

March 31, 2019 09:02 AM
The great moons are aligned, the ultimate prophecy has been fulfilled & what was eternally written has finally come to pass. Yes that’s right…. the monumental episode 22 of “Metal Academy” podcast is now upon us (available through iTunes, Stitcher or the below link) & what grandeur it shall bestow upon the listener. This show represents a new beginning as we kick off our coverage of a new year & what a great one it is too with 1985 set take encompass a full five episodes. This show is mainly focused on your more traditional style of heavy metal & will see us taking in all of the noteworthy releases to come out of Germany before heading over to the United States to see what Kansas, New York & Los Angeles had to offer. But that’s not all… we’ll be ending the show with a detailed discussion on a brand new subgenre with the first universally acknowledged progressive metal release hitting the shelves that year. Our feature releases will be Accept’s “Metal Heart”, Manilla Road’s “Open The Gates” & Fates Warning’s “The Spectre Within” but we’ll also be discussing records from Warlock, Running Wild, Yngwie J. Malmsteen’s Rising Force, Dio, W.A.S.P., Armored Saint, Lizzy Borden, Omen & Savage Grace so make sure you’ve got your pencils sharpened & homework is up to date. Class is in session!

http://metalacademy.libsyn.com/episode-22-1985-part-1-of-5-featuring-accept-manilla-road-and-fates-warning

April 03, 2019 02:06 AM

I've been a little obsessed with Manilla Road recently. Thanks for the deep analysis of Open the Gates.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
April 03, 2019 02:32 AM

I've been a little obsessed with Manilla Road recently. Thanks for the deep analysis of Open the Gates.

Quoted H. Tease

You're very welcome, particularly as they've become a bit of an obsession for me in the process. I can't wait to cover more of their albums for the show!

April 17, 2019 06:16 AM

The link to episode 22 has now been uploaded to the front page.