Any Updates?

First Post December 30, 2019 06:03 AM

Just curious if there is any other new episodes on the way or whether life is catching up with the Metal Academy? I feel like I am falling behind in my studies :joy: or at the very least just lacking in quality podcasts for my commute.

December 30, 2019 07:07 AM
It's been 5 months since the previous Metal Academy podcast episode, and I have no idea whether or not Ben and Daniel are taking a break from the podcasts. They're more focused on the site and finding new members to make the site more popular, with help from some regular members such as myself. But I'm not quite sure if that's what affecting the podcast series. Either way, they will give you an update soon...
December 30, 2019 10:09 AM
The short answer is that we’ve placed the podcast on hold for the moment. We reluctantly came to that decision mainly because neither of us could sustain the level of focus it required with our current work & family responsibilities. For me things got increasingly difficult once my second daughter was born & I took over the management of a business in New Zealand on top of my existing responsibilities in Australia. That essentially meant that the only times I got to do my podcast research & editing was between 10:30 PM & 5:00 AM or during my lunch breaks. After doing that for six months we finally agreed that it wasn’t sustainable. 

Interestingly, we’ve had so many enquiries from fans of the show over the last few weeks that I’m feeling pretty ordinary about that decision now. I miss the whole process despite the physical toll it took. We’ll see how things go over the next few months as neither of us are willing to let go of the idea of recommencing the podcast. I just dunno how we could do it as well as the back of house work, administration & marketing work on the website. You may not be aware but Ben spends many hours a day on putting additional bands & releases into the database which includes a lot of time locating cover images that are of a high enough quality to keep the site looking visually better than our competition.
December 30, 2019 10:39 AM

Completely understandable mate, I figured as much. Satan knows I could not put in the type of research that I can tell is obviously required. I look forward to your retirement in 30 years when you can focus on the curriculum full time.