New Feature: Subgenre Added to Releases Page

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post January 27, 2021 07:57 PM

You can now filter by subgenre on the Releases page. I know not everyone is excited about the introduction of subgenres, but I really think it's great to be be more specific when searching for releases.

Now I can view all Funeral Doom Metal albums that meet whatever other criteria I choose. More importantly, I can remove some of the subgenres I'm not that into when searching on a primary. As an example of that, I love Death Metal, but I'm not that into Slam Death Metal or Death 'n' Roll. Now I have the ability to remove those subgenres from my search.

I've also added an Exclude Covers I've Rated button. This makes it so much easier to find every 2020 cover that I haven't yet rated. Important for the Metal Academy Award for best cover of 2020!

As always, let me know any feedback you have, whether it be positive or negative.

January 27, 2021 11:40 PM
Nice! I like the idea of choosing specific subgenres. I can view all releases that are, for example, death-doom or melodic death metal or both in the same search. Thanks Ben!