New Feature #4: Monthly Feature Releases Page

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post August 03, 2020 06:53 AM

There will be a number of new features and improvements this week. I will create a thread for each one, as I'd like to get feedback without having everything clogging up a single thread.

Daniel has been choosing a release for each clan each month to be a Feature release. This has become a popular part of Metal Academy, but the feedback has been that it's difficult to follow and contribute to due to the threads being be spread throughout the forums.

We've now introduced a Featured page, where all of this month's feature releases are displayed. Importantly, there's also a link straight to the forum thread for each release so you can jump into the discussion.

NOTE: Daniel hasn't announced all the features for this month, which is why there are only two at the time of this post.

August 03, 2020 07:33 AM

I have actually Ben. They went up on Saturday.

Ben
Ben
August 03, 2020 10:31 PM

Ah, so you have! I guess that proves the need for this page, as I missed them.

I've added all 9 monthly features now, but I've noticed the sort seems to be a bit random. I can't sort it by Clan, as a few of this month's releases are connected to multiple clans. I might have to add another field that allows me to manually sort them 1 to 9. I'll try to implement a way to easily tell which clan each release is representing too, as not everyone will know the natural order of clans.

Ben
Ben
August 06, 2020 09:34 PM

We've improved the Monthly Feature Releases page in the following two ways:

1. It's now alphabetically order by Clan.
  2. It now has clan icons so it's obvious which clan is being represented by each release.

All feedback is welcome.

August 06, 2020 10:06 PM

Awesome work Ben. That's much better & I think this feature will encourage more people to contribute on releases that sit outside of their personal clans as they'll now be able to easily see all of the releases without having to go to foreign forums.

I notice that the cover art is being cut off. Not a big deal but it wasn't before. Easily fixed or a major hassle?

Ben
Ben
August 07, 2020 01:04 AM

It's always been cut off, but seems to be more cut off that it was before. Will try to sort.

August 07, 2020 12:44 PM

Completely agree. This makes accessing the featured releases way simpler.

Just one question. Will this only list the current month's featured releases? Will we no longer be able to see what were featured releases in previous months?

Ben
Ben
August 13, 2020 05:51 AM

The cover images are no longer cut off at the bottom on the Featured page. Looks much better.