Clan challenges for The Pit are up - Thrash Metal

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post December 19, 2019 05:45 AM

Go check out the first Clan Challenges in the lists section. Guidelines are on each challenge.

https://metal.academy/lists/1

December 20, 2019 03:53 PM

Great list for the 80's. Some of my all-time favourite metal albums on there. Looking forward to the challenge!

Ben
Ben
December 23, 2019 02:16 AM

Spotify Lists can be found below. The vast majority of releases are available on the service.

Thrash Metal - The 80s

Thrash Metal - The 90s

Thrash Metal - The Modern Era

February 10, 2020 03:11 PM

Thrash Metal - The 90s is completed for me now.  I shall (slowly) be tackling a North challenge next.

Ben
Ben
February 10, 2020 10:50 PM

Thrash Metal - The 90s is completed for me now.  I shall (slowly) be tackling a North challenge next.

Quoted MacabreEternal

Congrats again! Big effort! You're well on your way to becoming the first Academy attendee to gain a 4th clan.

February 22, 2020 05:25 PM

I believe I have completed The Pit challenge, Thrash Metal - The 80s.

Next up for me is The North. Probably the Black Metal - The 1st Decade challenge.

Ben
Ben
February 22, 2020 11:09 PM

I believe I have completed The Pit challenge, Thrash Metal - The 80s.

Next up for me is The North. Probably the Black Metal - The 1st Decade challenge.

Quoted Sonny92

I can confirm that you have indeed completed this challenge, and have therefore locked in The Pit. Congratulations Sonny92!

I actually thought that more people would target this challenge, particularly those of us that have been into metal since the 80s. We know a lot of these albums like the back of our hands. Still, I'm glad there was at least one in there that you hadn't heard before (KAT).

February 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Good job Sonny92!

That's one of the ones I want to tackle, though I'm going for the heavy metal 1st era first.

February 23, 2020 06:59 PM

Thanks guys!

Gonna take a break from the challenges for now and catch up on some new releases.