Site Framework Upgrade + a couple of minor fixes

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post August 02, 2023 11:10 PM

Just a quick note to say that the Laravel framework of the site has been upgraded from version 5 to 10 (yeah, it hadn't been upgraded since the site was created in 2019). I don't think anyone will notice anything, but let me know if you do.

While I had the developer's attention, I had a couple of things fixed.

1. Adding or removing a clan from a site member was recalculating Release Clan Ratings, but it wasn't recalculating Cover Clan Ratings. That's been fixed now. Vinny, your addition to The Fallen is now correctly impacting the Cover Clan Ratings for that clan.

2. The data that previously appeared on reviews has always incorrectly been the date that I added the release to the site, rather than the date the site member added the review. This has been changed and makes much more sense.

Cheers,

Ben

August 02, 2023 11:13 PM

Nice work Ben. I'm sure the other members have no idea as to the significant cost of these exercises. I do though & it's greatly appreciated.

August 02, 2023 11:16 PM

Sweet updates.  The clan cover ratings chart must look very different.

August 03, 2023 02:53 AM

I'm glad that the review date issue has finally been fixed, and it's nice to know that backend stuff is being noted and taken care of. Good work guys. 

August 03, 2023 12:28 PM

Thanks for the excellent behind-the-scenes work you continuously do to give us all the best possible Academy experience Ben. I, and I am sure all the rest of the regulars, greatly apprciate you efforts and financial commitment.

August 03, 2023 01:14 PM

Great updates, Ben! We appreciate it.