40,000 Releases on Metal Academy!

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post October 07, 2022 03:20 AM

When I first designed and implemented Metal Academy, I was excited at the prospect of the site once it had tens of thousands of releases catalogued. For some reason I had 40,000 releases in my head as a mark that would mean the site was reasonably comprehensive. Well, we crossed that mark today, and I now realise that it could still be many years until I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel. Am I sad? Not at all! Here's to another 10,000 and beyond!

For people that care about stats, the last 10,000 releases were added in just over a year, with an average of 26 releases per day (36 if I exclude weekends, when I rarely add any). So I've actually picked up the pace, proving that I'm not running out of speed yet. :relieved:

October 07, 2022 10:21 AM

Once more, and I think I speak for all MA regulars here, let it never be in doubt Ben that we all appreciate the herculean effort you put into maintaining the content of the site. Thanks again for your undying commitment and I hope we can all contribute to make Metal Academy everything that you hoped.

October 07, 2022 10:52 AM

Great work, Ben, we appreciate it! Here's to more to come for this site with your amazing effort and our helpful contributions. :clap::tada:

October 08, 2022 09:57 PM