New Feature - Top 20 Releases

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post June 01, 2022 10:37 PM

Some of you have noticed already that I've introduced a new feature that you can find when you go into your profile. You can now create your own Top 20 Releases list in your profile that will be visible to anyone that visits it.

When creating the list, you will need to know the IDs of the releases you're trying to add. These IDs have always been visible in the URL of the specific release, but it's now clearly visible on the release page itself.

When creating or editing your list, you can move the releases up and down, automatically adjusting the order as you do so. If you have a completed Top 20 and then want to slot in a new number 6, you will need to delete the current number 20 and add the new release, then use the arrows to move it to the desired position. It's not a perfect solution, but I think it is fairly easy to use once you understand how it works.

Note that when you visit Release pages in future, you will be able to see which Academy attendees have included that release in their top 20, and at what position each of them placed it.

As always, I'd love to hear your feedback on this new feature. The only issue I have with it is that I've never been able to form a top 20 list that I'm happy with, as there are just way too many favourites that I want to be in there. I'm going to have to spend some serious time revisiting and reassessing to be able to complete mine.

June 01, 2022 10:47 PM

Great new feature Ben and the ability to move releases up and down now makes much more sense. Like you, my problem is with actually compiling the top 20 as I also have had to leave loads of favourites out. I am also notoriously capricious when it comes to my faves - my top three or four are pretty much set in stone, but it can be very fluid after that depending on my mood or general feeling at any one time so I expect to have to make fairly regular changes!

June 02, 2022 12:22 PM

I quite like this, more from the fact that the position in a fellow member's top 20 is visible on the release page.  My top 20 is pretty fluid outside of the top ten I find as number's one to ten are more or less locked in by now.