Working with developer in the next couple of weeks - anyone have suggestions?

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
First Post September 03, 2019 12:14 AM

My developer will be making some site fixes in the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any bugs or alterations they'd like to suggest, or even new features that would add value to the site, please let me know.

Our aim is for Metal Academy to be one of the best metal focused websites on the web, so please tell us what would make it a more valuable resource to you.

All suggestions will be considered and responded to.

Cheers,

Ben.

September 03, 2019 04:36 PM

One nitpick I've found is that avatar shapes aren't consistent throughout the site. They show up as circles on album pages for reviews or ratings, but squares everywhere else. It might make sense to go for all circles since the clan icons are already circular. 

I think the big thing is adding more features to the user's profile. Right now there's no way to properly navigate through your own data. I can't search mine or anyone else's ratings to see if they rated/reviewed something, I can't see any data on how many ratings/reviews I have per clan, or even what my rating distribution is. I do want this site to have a fresh take on some features rather than copying everything over from RYM, but the ability to interact more with your own or other peoples' collections of ratings is a must. 

Just as an example, if I looked into some of your reviews it seems like you're way more into Death Metal than I am. If I was on RYM, I could go to your page, click the "5 Stars" button and see what Death Metal albums you rated as 5's to see what I might want to check out if I'm new to the genre. On this site, I would have to go through every single one of your ratings in chronological order with no way of sorting. The clan tags for albums don't show up in user profile ratings/reviews either, so I would have to know that Morbid Angel is a Death Metal band if that's what I was searching your ratings/reviews for. 

If I had to make a wishlist it would probably be: 

• Ability to search by own ratings/reviews
  • Ability to sort my own ratings/reviews by clan
  • Ability to see clan tags on my ratings/reviews in my/others profile. 
  • Possibly rating distribution graphs or another way to show how many albums you've rated or on a clan-by-clan basis

These missing features are what keep me going back to RYM to look at my own profile and rating collection instead of here. 

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
September 03, 2019 09:20 PM

This is all fantastic feedback Xephyr. I'll begin work on all of it and see what we can do.