November 2023 Feature Release - The Sphere Edition

First Post November 01, 2023 12:25 AM

So just like that we find that a new month is upon us which of course means that we’ll be nominating a brand new monthly feature release for each clan. This essentially means that we’re asking you to rate, review & discuss our chosen features for no other reason than because we enjoy the process & banter. We’re really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on our chosen releases so don’t be shy.

This month's feature release for The Sphere, nominated by me (Shadowdoom9 (Andi)), is the 2009 debut album by Croatian gothic/industrial metal band Omega Lithium, Dreams in Formaline. Omega Lithium is one of the most unknown yet underrated bands I've heard. I just love their spectacular gothic female-led industrial metal glory throughout their two albums. And my interest in that band started because my brother was listening to one of their songs. It's a real shame that they split up after those two albums, but their legacy shall carry on and having their 2009 debut Dreams in Formaline up as a feature release might just be a step in giving them a bit of the attention the band should've had.

https://metal.academy/releases/41872

November 02, 2023 08:23 AM

I've done my review, here's its summary:

Omega Lithium can make songs to get stuck in your mind, and I was certainly hooked! This is full-on industrial/gothic metal to please your ears. As this young cyber-sorceress Mya Mortensen guides you with her serene clean vocals through this dark sci-fi apocalyptic realm, you can hear evil bleak synths mixed with dark heavy riffing, along with lyrics detailing terrifyingly pleasant stories of love, horror, and destruction. I really love this album, and there's nothing here I don't like! Well, except for a small bit of the bonus track. Although this band is no more, their music shall continue shining in the future!

5/5

Recommended tracks: "Infest", "Stigmata", "Nebula", "Snow Red", "Hollow March", "Point Blank"

For fans of: Deathstars, Genitorturers, Theatre of Tragedy's 2000s albums