Flying south out of the Satanic Winter (my full move away from The North)

First Post January 24, 2022 02:24 AM

I just thought of a birthday resolution, and that is to finally say farewell to the dark satanic genre known as black metal! I'm moving out of pretty much all of bands I’ve listened to that once had a black metal sound. Why am I doing this, you may ask? Well, being in a somewhat religious family, I’m no longer comfortable with listening to a genre where most of it is about attacking religion and worshipping the devil. Moving away from that genre would also be helpful for when I’m currently resuming my little-kid-friendly book sales. I also don't listen to a couple of the formerly black metal bands I have anymore and want to get them out of my playlist to make space for more bands. So, the term "black metal" would be my own personal "Voldemort"; nothing wrong with saying it but I don't dare anyway. Here are the formerly and current black metal bands I listen to that I will move away from:

Abigail Williams (formerly metalcore (Revolution))

In the Woods... (now avant-garde/progressive metal (Infinite))

Covenant/The Kovenant (now industrial/cyber metal (Sphere))

Dodheimsgard (now avant-garde/progressive/industrial metal (Infinite/Sphere))

An album from another band I listen to is often associated with black metal, but I disagree with the genre being fully part of that album’s sound. That album is the second one from metalcore band Underoath, Cries of the Past, hence this Hall entry: https://metal.academy/forum/28/thread/1104

Also, any albums I reviewed from black metal bands I don't listen to that was just part of a challenge will be gone as well. My self-promise and all these changes will be effective as of February 1 to begin a new religion-friendly age. Farewell soon, black metal....

PS: Here's a Spotify playlist with the best of those bands before moving away from that genre: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4pHEl6fbp65mzOKemcCckv

January 24, 2022 09:02 AM

Check out the description for my latest video (my last black metal one and the only one I plan to keep):