March 2023 "The Infinite" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post March 01, 2023 03:51 AM

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Wtb5QsNObO9w62f7ThQNF?si=bbf0563bb5864239

1. Haken – Lovebite (2023)

2. The Contortionist – Follow (2019)

3. Burst – Cripple God (2008)

4. Aviations – Safehouse (2023)

5. Vulkan – This Visual Hex (2020)

6. Ne Obliviscaris – Devour Me, Colossus (Part I) : Blackholes (2014)

7. Poh Hock, Robert Edens – Fragile Space (2023)

8. Hypno5e – Tauca, Pt. I – Another (2023)

9. Periphery – Atropos (2023)

10. Queensryche – Bridge (1994)

11. Veil of Maya – Godhead (2023)

12. Fallujah – Carved from Stone (2014)

13. Lerpous – Contaminate Me (2013)

14. Today Is the Day – Going to Hell (1999)

15. The Resonance Project – End of Time (2023)

16. Bird Problems – Pigeon Superstition (2020)

17. The World Is Quiet Here – Heliacal Vessels I: The Mother of No Kin (2023)

18. The Ocean – Parabiosis (2023)

March 01, 2023 06:50 AM

Here are my thoughts on some tracks:

Haken – Lovebite (2023)

4/5. I would've loved this band much more if I started listening to them like 8 years ago. Nonetheless, this song and "Nightingale" are good bangers, this one having addictive happiness despite the lyrics telling otherwise.

The Contortionist – Follow (2019)

4.5/5. This song is quite amazing, I wish I could've followed this band more.

Burst – Cripple God (2008)

5/5. This one's an awesome favorite, charging in with intense riffing and raw vocals that resemble Mastodon. Now that I think of it, this album is like a more ambient hardcore Mastodon. Then there's a beautiful softer verse before exploding into a furious attack of classic Metallica.

Ne Obliviscaris – Devour Me, Colossus (Part I) : Blackholes (2014)

5/5. The first part of this two-part suite starts off with a brutal riff and sinister growls give the song an evil atmosphere. Then you get an unexpected hit by one of the most brilliant drum grooves ever alongside emotional clean vocals and crazy riff-wrath. The bass draws you in further. Then all of the members unleash their instrument power at once with overwhelming section at once before transitioning to another quiet acoustic/violin section. The amazing violin solo soon gives in to more great clean vocals and some nice bass work... Then BOOM!! The brilliant chaos explodes in before quieting down again for that groovy bass riff. Soon the instrument layers of riffing and drumming build up with a godly guitar solo. Finally all the intense instrument power is unleashed together with the (male) beauty and the beast vocals before ending in joy and sorrow.

Queensryche – Bridge (1994)

4.5/5. An amazing soft bridge between the two halves of this playlist, with the guitar of Chris DeGarmo and the vocals of Geoff Tate. I suggested this song to be added to the playlist while my father and brother were on a trip to the U.S. I wasn't sure if they would make it back to my home country, but I'm glad they're still around. I'm currently 24 and I still would like my family to stay complete. My dad built this bridge that has connected between each other, and I don't want it to fall down. To be honest, though the song has more of a Cat Stevens vibe than progressive metal, but it's still beautiful.

Veil of Maya – Godhead (2023)

5/5. New Veil of Maya single? Are they returning with a new album?! I hope so, this is a hard-hitting single, and probably their heaviest since 2012's Eclipse!

Fallujah – Carved from Stone (2014)

5/5. A totally sick burner of heavy technicality! Gotta get more of this band...

Leprous – Contaminate Me (2013)

4.5/5. Horns up for one of the heaviest Leprous songs, featuring Emperor's Ihsahn!

Today Is the Day – Going to Hell (1999)

4/5. I wanted to get interested in the experimental wackiness of this band, Today is the Day, but I couldn't really. Still this is quite killer.

The Ocean – Parabiosis (2023)

4.5/5. The Ocean is back with their current album Holocene, expanding on the Phanerozoic saga, into the Holocene Epoch. This band is quite incredible, performing their music so well. They really evolved just like the Earth throughout all those different eras. I can't wait for this release, it's gonna rule! And this is an amazing way to end this month's Infinite playlist, until next time...