Rating Zero

First Post August 04, 2023 02:18 PM

Ben / Daniel were you aware that it is possible to give a release no stars? I inadvertently saved my rating for High on Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis before I had actually chosen a rating and this registered my rating as 0.0 and the average went from 4.0 to 3.2. It isn't a problem as such because I know you can change or delete ratings and I point it out merely because I wonder if this is something you want to be allowable or if you would like to remove this errant rating option during some future site update.

August 04, 2023 06:55 PM

Good.  I need this.

EDIT: Are you sure it's possible?  I can't seem to.

August 04, 2023 08:44 PM

Ben / Daniel were you aware that it is possible to give a release no stars? I inadvertently saved my rating for High on Fire's De Vermis Mysteriis before I had actually chosen a rating and this registered my rating as 0.0 and the average went from 4.0 to 3.2. It isn't a problem as such because I know you can change or delete ratings and I point it out merely because I wonder if this is something you want to be allowable or if you would like to remove this errant rating option during some future site update.

Quoted Sonny

I was aware of this, used it to good effect for Machine Head “Catharsis”.  It has served its purpose for me.

August 04, 2023 08:53 PM
Could either of you please tell me how to do this?  I'm trying to go as far to the left as I can, but it still just says half-star.
Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
August 04, 2023 09:09 PM

No, it is not intended that anyone can rate releases 0 stars. I don't think it was always possible, so something must have changed at some point to allow it. I will ask my developer to fix.

In the meantime, I will delete any 0 star ratings that I see.