Tiny font

First Post August 03, 2023 06:49 PM

https://metal.academy/reviews/26688/582

I have no idea why this is happening, as I know I didn't change the font size, and I don't think I even can.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
August 03, 2023 08:35 PM

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Normally when pasting text onto the site. You can easily fix it by editing your review, highlighting all the text and clicking the Remove Font Style button.

August 03, 2023 08:46 PM

It's not working.

Ben
Ben
The Fallen The Horde The North The Pit
August 03, 2023 10:33 PM

I've done it a few times over the years and seems to work for me. So to be clear, you've tried highlighting all text in the review, clicking Remove Font Style, and then pressing Save?

If that doesn't work, can you try cutting the text and pasting it into Notepad and then copying and pasting it back into the review, then pressing Save? I know that's an unwieldy solution, but it will just help me understand what's happening.

From what I can tell, this problem occurs sometimes when people copy and paste reviews from somewhere else (such as from RYM), not when the review is written directly into the review box. Whenever I paste anything into Metal Academy, I make sure to use Paste as plain text.

August 03, 2023 11:10 PM

I've done it a few times over the years and seems to work for me. So to be clear, you've tried highlighting all text in the review, clicking Remove Font Style, and then pressing Save?

If that doesn't work, can you try cutting the text and pasting it into Notepad and then copying and pasting it back into the review, then pressing Save? I know that's an unwieldy solution, but it will just help me understand what's happening.

From what I can tell, this problem occurs sometimes when people copy and paste reviews from somewhere else (such as from RYM), not when the review is written directly into the review box. Whenever I paste anything into Metal Academy, I make sure to use Paste as plain text.

Quoted Ben

It's amazing you suggested that second method, because both of those a while ago.  And the scary thing is that I didn't post it from anywhere else, I wrote it right there.  It's probably some weird glitch.

I'm about to write a review for reevaluating Destroy Erase Improve, so I'll let you know if it does the same thing.

August 03, 2023 11:14 PM

Quoted Ben

I've done that before and it works. You think that will work for you, Rex?

August 03, 2023 11:29 PM

Quoted Ben

I've done that before and it works. You think that will work for you, Rex?

Quoted Shadowdoom9 (Andi)

Read the above post.

August 03, 2023 11:59 PM

Well, it worked perfectly for my Meshuggah review.

https://metal.academy/reviews/26159/2600