May 2023 "The Fallen" Playlist - Metal Academy Radio

First Post April 30, 2023 01:17 PM

1. Lord Mountain - "The Sacrifice" from "The Oath" (2023)
2. Smoulder - " Dragonslayer's Doom" from "Violent Creed of Vengeance" (2023)
3. Saturnus - "I Love Thee" from "Paradise Belongs to You" (1997) [submitted by Daniel]
4. Spectrum Mortis - "U-Anne-Dugga" from "Bit Meseri - The Incantation" (2022) [submitted by Vinny]
5. STAKE - "Photonic" from "The Hutch" (2013) [submitted by Ben]
6. Hanging Garden - "The Garden" from "The Garden" (2023)
7. Monolord - "Died a Million Times" from "Vaenir" (2015) [submitted by Sonny]
8. Fistula - "Morbid Incel" from "The Process of Opting Out" (2020)
9. Chelsea Wolfe - "Dragged Out" from "Abyss" (2015) [submitted by Daniel]
10. The Wounded Kings - "Vulture" from "Vision In Bone" (2016)
11. Boris - "Huge" from "Amplifier Worship" (1998) [submitted by Daniel]
12. The Howling Void - "Lord of the Black Gulf" from "Shadows Over the Cosmos" (2010) [submitted by Ben]
13. Goya - "No Place in the Sky" from "Obelisk" (2015) [submitted by Sonny]
14. Neurosis - "The Tide" from "A Sun That Never Sets" (2001) [submitted by Vinny]
15. Full of Hell & Primitive Man - "Rubble Home" from "Suffocating Hallucination" (2023)

May 08, 2023 03:40 PM

The highlights for me this month have been Smoulder, Chelsea Wolfe and Fistula.  I keep meaning to explore more of Monolord's discography beyond No Comfort and Vænir looks he likely candidate if I am honest.  Went all skip button on STAKE, Hanging Garden, The Wounded King and Goya (I mean not bad stuff but a tad too similar to Electric Wizard really).  Passed a wet bank holiday Monday nicely though Sonny, keep up the good work.

May 08, 2023 04:51 PM

The highlights for me this month have been Smoulder, Chelsea Wolfe and Fistula.  I keep meaning to explore more of Monolord's discography beyond No Comfort and Vænir looks he likely candidate if I am honest.  Went all skip button on STAKE, Hanging Garden, The Wounded King and Goya (I mean not bad stuff but a tad too similar to Electric Wizard really).  Passed a wet bank holiday Monday nicely though Sonny, keep up the good work.

Quoted UnhinderedbyTalent

Thanks Vinny. For me, Vaenir is Monolord's best and I would heartily recommend it if you like any of their other stuff.